Through the decades it has been proven that the best and only successful approach to learning a Latin language, is in a classroom format with a qualified and experienced native teacher. (And with teacher – we are not referring to YouTube videos or other video clips)
However, in times where true immersion isn’t practical and you cannot come to the teacher, we will bring the classroom and the teacher to you!
This is not a new concept and online lessons have been presented by Mi Casa of Languages for over a decade. We have had hundreds of students – nationally and internationally – who learns with us online via either Skype, Zoom, Google hangout or Microsoft Teams – either in a group format, or one-on-one private lessons.
Another concept that is certainly not new – is application (apps) or other online websites which offer you to learn the languages for a minimal fee – or even free. Most students have explored this route previously; before reaching out to us. They have realised that these avenues are not affective and successful – and sadly – a waste of time (and money). 15 000+ students later and we have yet to meet a student who have learned a Latin Language successfully via these methods. With that said, there are some apps that we highly recommend for learning vocabulary. But grammatical structures (and ultimately learning to speak this language) you will definitely not learn via these avenues. (This will make sense only to students who have explored these avenues previously)
And the reason for this is simple. These languages can only be learnt – successfully – by following a proven and tested methodology, using accredited and very structured course material, presented by a qualified native teacher – guiding you – every step of the way.
Technology has definitely changed the way people learn and access education but will never replace the teacher.
- Classes are fun, interactive and everyone in a group class actively participates
- White boards are replaced by sharing multi screens
- All course material is e-mailed to students (or can be collected or received via courier)
- Classes can be recorded and shared via WhatsApp or other communication apps
Technology isn’t embraced by everyone and can sound like a daunting prospect to many. Especially older learners. However – The portals we use, are extremely user friendly and very easy to navigate. We will also assist you in setting it up.
As soon as this is done, you only have to make sure you are online a few minutes before your class start and wait for your teacher to call you. It is really as easy as taking a simple telephone call.
- Many students live in remote areas (farms etc) – far from cities (and not within close proximity of one of our campus’s) and now how have the opportunity to learn via an online platform and reap the exact same benefits as the student who is able to physically attend lessons.
- Many of our online students are International students, either also living in remote parts of certain countries, but also in large cities – where they don’t have access to highly qualified Spanish and Portuguese teachers. An example of this is New Zealand and Australia – where we have dozens of students who is learning these languages through us in Cape Town, South Africa – as the predominant additional languages there are Asian languages.
- Cost saving. High end quality language education is so much more expensive in other counties and inland South Africa, as they just don’t have qualified native teachers in those parts – and when they do, the fees are exorbitant. We also have close to / or just over a hundred American students (annually) who learns with us online – as learning it in the States are just too expensive for many of these students who are unemployed or College students with a very low income.
- Access to your teacher where-ever you might find yourself in the world. If you are travelling frequently and would like to be part of a group class, you can continue your lessons – without interruption – by simply just logging into your group class, anywhere you might find yourself on a work or leisure trip.
- Time zones. If you are a private online student, we work around the time zone you find yourself in and offer you a time that will work for you.
These are just a few benefits of learning Spanish and Portuguese with us online. The list goes on and on.
Whether you want to learn Spanish or Portuguese via Skype (which is still currently the most user-friendly and most interactive platform) or any other online methods like Google Hangouts, Zoom or Microsoft Teams – we got your covered.
We however want to emphasise the fact that our online classes are the exact same set up as that of you attending lessons at the College in person. The only difference is that you will have your teacher communicating and teaching you through your laptops (or another devise) screen. This is not a program of exercises to complete and vocabulary to learn – as is the case with other online teachings.
Course presented online: (Either in a group or one on one)
Spanish Communication – Level 1
Spanish Communication – Level 2
Portuguese Communication – Level 1
Portuguese Communication – Level 2